Architect: David Saul Klafter
Located in Chicago’s West Town neighborhood, the Alvin opened in around 1913, and sat 540. The theater was originally built for the Lynch Circuit and later was part of the Balaban & Katz chain. The Alvin was operating as a Spanish-language movie house during the 70s. The former theater building was until recently used as a retail store.