Andersonville Commercial Historic District

From HistoryWiki

Andersonville Commercial Historic District Soundex Code A536

Wikipedia page about the Andersonville Commercial Historic District

The Andersonville Commercial Historic District is a historic district in Chicago, Illinois. It runs from 4800 N. Clark Street to 5800 N. Clark Street in the city's Uptown and Edgewater neighborhoods. The area was once home to a heavily Swedish American community, which settled there in the years following the Great Chicago Fire of 1871.

Many buildings in the district have remained intact since the early twentieth century. The district was added to the National Register of Historic Places on March 9, 2010.