Charmers

From HistoryWiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Charmers Soundex Code C656

Charmers, 1502 W. Jarvis Avenue

This site was part of the 1989 Annual Fall House Tour

The Benton Building at the northwest corner of Jarvis Avenue and Greenview Avenue was built in 1915 by James T. McManus. He named the structure after his home town of Benton, Wisconsin.

Many businesses have occupied the stores in the building over the years. Currently (1989) there is one that is very special since the interior has remained virtually intact since the 1930s. The place is Charmers and the Art Deco is very beautiful.

Charmers was owned by Ron Timble in 1989 and Dan Sullivan later.

"We closed the doors on Sunday, March 24, 2013. All entities have a life cycle and after 7 years, this grand goddess has run her course," -- Dan Sullivan

Charmers re-opened in April, 2016.