Lawrence Scientific School

From HistoryWiki

Lawrence Scientific School Soundex Code L652

Wikipedia page about the Lawrence Scientific School

Engineering and applied sciences at Harvard University began with the creation of the Lawrence Scientific School in 1847 (named for donor Abbott Lawrence). The structure to support faculty and research in engineering applied sciences underwent several reorganizations (ranging from a school, department (several), and division) and names (from DEAP to DAS to DEAS) during the 19th and 20th centuries.