Lincoln Park West
300 W., from 1900 N. to 2358 N.
Named for Abraham Lincoln (1809 - 1865), the sixteenth president of the United States, who served from 1861 to 1865. He was nominated for the presidency at a Republican-Party convention in the Wigwam, a building located on the southeast corner of what is now Lake Street and Wacker Drive. Lincoln was a resident of Illinois and the first president not to come from one of the original thirteen states.