Marshall, Sarah

From HistoryWiki

In 1842, Sarah Marshall and her daughter Ann Marshall came to the Rogers Park area. Sarah bought land from Philip Rogers after living on it for two years as a lessee. Initially, the Marshall house was a log cabin with the ground to the west cleared and cultivated by Native Americans before the Marshalls arrived.

According to legend, Sarah prepared a chicken dinner for the engineers who were surveying the Ridge, and while dining, she convinced them to route the Ridge Road around her property to bypass her cabin.