Orrington Lunt (1850-97), son of William Webb Lunt and his first wife Ann Matilda Sumner, came to Chicago in 1842, where he made a fortune in the grain exchange. Mid-career, however, Lunt suffered a devastating financial blow, and retired from the commodities business entirely. This left him with more time for Northwestern University than any of the other founders. A major donor to Northwestern, Lunt made a significant contribution to build the Lunt Library and served as vice president of the Board of Trustees for the latter part of his life. Orrington Avenue in Evanston is named for Orrington Lunt. However, Lunt Avenue in Chicago is NOT named after Orrington Lunt, rather his half-brother Stephen Purrington Lunt.