Presto, William C.
William C. Presto was hired by William P Krause; a successful music salesman who wanted to build a storefront worthy of attention; as the architect for the Krause Music Store. Presto had earlier worked with Louis Sullivan in 1919. Presto recommended Sullivan to complete the job, and the project became Sullivan's last.
William was also the architect of the white terracotta office building at 2349 W. Devon Avenue (southeast corner of Devon Avenue and Western Avenue) in 1926.
Presto also designed the Art Deco building at 6424 N. Western Avenue. Which, coincidentally, was the first home of the Rogers Park/West Ridge Historical Society. RPWRHS moved into the building on October 1, 1991.
Presto was the architect of the 6555 N. Artesian Avenue, a bungalow.
Architect William C. Presto designed 6629 N. Maplewood Avenue, a bungalow. Circa: 1924.