Sulzer Regional Library

From HistoryWiki

Sulzer Regional Library Soundex Code L166

4455 N. Lincoln Avenue

Sulzer Regional Library's Website

Named for Conrad Sulzer.

Sulzer Regional Library opened September 14, 1985.

The library was named for Conrad Sulzer (1807-1873), first settler in Lakeview. Sulzer, a Swiss immigrant who arrived in Chicago in 1836, turned wilderness into a livestock farm and a horticulture garden. He also served as collector of Ridgeville Township and assessor of Township of Lake View, leaving a heritage of public service and commitment to the community, continued by his descendants through the Sulzer Family Foundation.