Patrick Leonard Touhy built his mansion, The Oaks, for his wife, Catherine Touhy. The house occupied 5008 N. Clark Street (later 7339 N. Clark Street). It was torn down in 1917. The land is now used as Touhy Park.
RPWRHS photo D005-7796 shows Patrick Leonard Touhy's mansion, "The Oaks", which he built for his wife, Catherine, who was the daughter of Philip McGregor Rogers, the first settler in Rogers Park. At one time, a Potawatomi Native American village occupied this land. The house was located at 5008 N. Clark Street (later 7339 N. Clark Street). Photo circa 1860.